[spielfrieks] Results for 1997
huzonfirst@comcast.net [spielfrieks]
2017-09-18 19:31:06 UTC
We’re finished with 1997 and 45 voters have made their preferences known. Not surprisingly, as we go back in time, we’re seeing fewer games that resonate with folks. Consequently, only 16 games got votes this time around. So I figured I might as well list all of them. Here they are, with the vote totals listed, along with the game’s original rank in parentheses, and n/a indicating that the game wasn’t on the list the first time we did this:

1. Tigris & Euphrates – 32 (1)

2. For Sale – 22 (n/a)

3. Bohnanza – 21 (2)

4. Die Macher – 14 (6)

5. Fresh Fish – 8 (n/a)

5. Showmanager – 8 (3)

7. Take it Easy – 6 (11)

8. Lowenherz – 5 (4)

9. Mississippi Queen – 4 (7)

10. The Settlers of Catan Cardgame – 2 (9)

10. Titan: The Arena – 2 (10)

10. Twilight Imperium – 2 (16)

10. Ursuppe – 2 (5)

14. Njet! – 1 (19)

14. Twilight – 1 (16)

14. Was Sticht! – 1 (13)

T&E’s dominating win should come as a surprise to no one. The support for For Sale and Bohnanza isn’t too shocking either, even though we don’t usually show such love for games of this weight. Outside of the two new games, there wasn’t too much shifting around. Die Macher still has a lot of fans and Take it Easy got a nice boost. The big losers were Lowenherz and Ursuppe, both of which barely missed making the top 3 during the original election, but which got much less support this time around. Lowenherz is a top 10 game for me, so I’m sorry to see that it’s still the game that is famous for being underrated. As always, you can check out how each game did, together with who voted for them, on the app.

Any comments about these results? Let us know!

Larry